Friday, November 13, 2009

I'm Having a Cartharsis



By Carol Gioia

We have been together longer
than each of us has been alone.
What makes us tick, and why we click;
the reasons are unknown

You are social and outgoing,
a veritable party for sure
I live inside, attempting to hide
from a world I try to ignore

We are both private and would never
display outward signs of affection.
We have different interests, and often
each goes in a different direction

I am intellectual, you are artistic,
we are an unseemly pair.
All we seem to have in common
is our mutually snow white hair.

You will rise to a challenge,
I tend to procrastinate
Your generosity is legend;
frugality is my strong trait.

Although we are an odd couple,
whatever the reason or rhyme
A half century together has passed
in what seems like almost no time

Romantics would find us annoying,
as we each march to our own beat
We do not complete one another,
but together, we are complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment